Welcome! We’re glad you’re here. You are part of a vibrant group of communicators around campus who are vital to telling the university’s story.
Save the date: Join us the morning of Friday, March 3, 2023 for our orientation to University Communications and University Marketing. You’ll hear about our approach to institutional marketing and communications, meet leaders and other staff, and learn about resources available to all campus communicators. RSVP today.
Connect with a University Communications staff member
We recommend identifying a member of University Communications staff who can serve as your liaison, answer questions and help you share stories from your corner of campus. Unsure who to contact? Send us an email and we’ll find the right fit.
Connect with other communicators in your orbit
News offices and communications teams within many colleges, schools, institutes, departments and programs can serve as valuable resources for you. Your liaison in University Communications can help you identify other colleagues to connect with.
Join a communicators group
We help organize a handful of professional development groups (also known as communities of practice) on campus dedicated to communications, such as Campus Communicators, Research Communicators and #UWSocial. Access the campus communicators list and other groups here. Members share relevant information, help one another solve problems, and meet in person to make connections between communicators across campus.
Stay up to date on campus news
- Keep up to date on UW–Madison’s official news site.
- Read stories of UW–Madison’s impact on the state in our monthly Wisconsin Ideas e-newsletter.
- All employees are subscribed to the e-newsletters Inside UW and Working at UW. (You can also subscribe to Working at UW via a WhatsApp group.) You can also subscribe to The Weekly, University Communications’ e-newsletter aimed at students.
- Subscribe to receive the university’s press releases by email.
- Points of Pride: Key stats that reflect UW–Madison’s biggest strengths.
- Data Digest: A comprehensive, quantitative overview of the university’s students, staff, faculty and budget.
- Clipsheet: Mentions of UW–Madison in the media, updated daily.
- Office of the Chancellor: Meet Chancellor Jennifer L. Mnookin and learn more about her office.
- Strategic Framework: Learn about UW–Madison’s 2020-25 strategic priorities and vision.